Izmir Ataturk Youth Centre

8 april 2015 I visited the youth centre of Ataturk in Izmir, which turkish name is GSB İzmir Gençlik Merkezleri. This place is subsidiary of the Ministry of Youth and Sports since 2006.
It is located in Goztepe and in there I met with Nuri, one of the worker of the organization since 2012. He is the responsable for international relation and partnership and director of social media. He writes projects for youth leaders and organizing sessions about Erasmus Plus and Project Circle Managament.
The Youth Centre aim is to develop young people’s social, personal, cultural and sports acts and spending their leisure time in a high quality in the center. It carries many activities related to computing, arts, theatre, chess competions, music courses and sports.
I have been invited for sharing my experience as EVS volunteer and make to people in there understand what erasmus+ project can offer. After my presentation they discuss about future plans and tried to make connection between them as the group was very new and it was their first meeting.
While they were planning future projetcs, I went in another room where Feyzi, another guy interested in arts, was painting with Ebru technique and I tried it too. It was funny also because I did not know this kind of art before.












Comments