Week-end with Atolye Deneme


I introduce you to Mehmet, Buse, Elif and Ayşenur, I'll work with them during my project.
When I met them for the first time, i asked myself : " How can I communicate with them? I don't speak Turkish and they don't speak English!".
But the language isn't important when you work on art!
Before I begin to teach them Italian lesson, I was happy to see that the guys had an Italian dictonary and some applications on their mobile telephones.

Since I came here, we have been in two film festivals : "Izmir short Film Festival" and "Human Rights Festival". It was nice to realise that we have same opinions about these movies and they will study art, cinema or theatre in the future.

I have started my second project this week-end. This is the Map Project for young travellers in Izmir. This project is a part of a European network which makes the city more visibile particularly on art and culture environment.
Atolye Deneme's waiting for confirmation to start this work, but we're optimistic about this and we wish to be first city in Turkey with this map!

I had introduced to Atolye Deneme this work and the others guys were enthusiastic and then, I have met other two volunteers to help me on this.
This sunday we have walked around Izmir's seafront and we have checked the first places to insert into the map, and we've trasformed a simple walk in a working evening, and I found an opportunity to learn some Turkish words.

Comments

Post a Comment