Fish & Drips


































































A few weeks ago –between the weekends of 13th/14th and 20th/21st April–, I had the opportunity to paint a wall in the small city of Foça, where live the parents of my roommate, Seçil. It is a small typical fishers city built around the see, one hour’s bus ride from Izmir, and with the sunny days we had, it was a perfect surrounding to paint. Actually it was my first wall in Turkey, after four months of impatience. It must be said that I weekly paint in France, so it was a great pleasure to realize this frontage of the fish market.

We did this work as a body with the youth of the association, which was both exciting and really tiring. We spent around 5 days on the wall, attended by highs and lows, but at the end, I am really happy of the result and above all, the “public” won over. Fishermen, inhabitants, bystanders, friends, tourists, the feedbacks were abundant and warmly. And still now, some people evoke to me, again and again, this “lovely” wall. A journalist even has interviewed me, and the paint sponsor, Marshall, wants us to realize other works together. Finally, beyond these great critics, it was wealthy to mix, for the first time, my abilities of illustration and my taste for graffiti on this “experimental” wall. So I will just finish by a THANK YOU to Seçil to let this adventure happen.

Ps: important point, the wall started because of the “Slow Food Festival”, which explains the fishes, vegetables and other typical Turkish food we painted!  























Comments

Post a Comment