French star



My training continues and this morning we went to a new primary school. Which was planned as a simple presentation, was in fact a real conference, facing around 40 children. Of course Sezen talked, and I stayed on the side. But as soon as I was introduced, I, the French volunteer, I became the storm centre. And I confess it was as much exciting as stressful.

In fact, it is strange to have 40 faces self-pointed, murmuring Turkish comments, sometimes smiling, sometimes chuckling. But Sezen’s speech ended, half of the kids charged on me, full of questions. “Timo, how are you ?”, “Where are you from, Timo ?”, “Merhaba, nasilsin ?”, “Which football team is your favourite ?”… and it was really nice. They all seem very enthusiastic and inevitably amused by the novelty. The day before, we were in high-school, and even if it was a nice meeting, I really felt the difference today. The energy of kids and their curiosity makes me very happy of the future work together. Especially as one of the main activity will be to paint big school walls. Attractive ! :)

Comments