"I cento Passi"




One of my tasks for this Evs is to let the children know more about my country.
I'm from Sicily and one big problem for us,is the Mafia in the present but in the past expecially
I Don't know what the children know about this, but the most part of the people know Mafia through the movie "The Godfather".
Of course "The Goddfather" is a good movie, but first the story is fictionalized and the reality that we live in Italy, and particularity in Sicily is totally different, and second the family Corleone (many people here asked me if I know them, I'm not joking) lives in New York!

For this reason I choosed to show to the children one movie that tell a real story about this problem: "I cento passi".
Why I decided to show them this problem through this film and not with a lesson about this?
Because it is so difficult to explain what the Mafia is by only speaking, with the images and a story they can learn more.
The movie tell about Peppino Impastato, a young man that live near to Palermo and he tries to fight against the Mafia for many years, but the stories of the big men never ends in a good way.
I don't want tell you the whole story but if you're interested I recommend the viewing.

The children were touched from the story and for sure they know something more about this topic now.

Is it a little bit strange that I publish this post when in Turkey in these days there's an other important question.
Everywhere innocents people die for somethig: Mafia, police, government and more.. this is a problem of the humanity.
Fortunatelly almost all of us think different and fight for our rights and against injustices.



Comments