“Seul au monde”








Last weekend, as every Saturday and Sunday, I went to the “Atölye”. Except that this time, I was entirely alone with the youth! And in spite of some language difficulties, it was a great moment. For the first time, I had the feeling of a real exchange between children and me. There was no buffer person, and so were forced to communicate, whatever the cost. We also were helped by the activity I lead, a French lesson. And step-by-step, we understood each other, with a kind of Esperanto, based on Turkish, English and French. Children can now easily answer to the question “quelle heure est-il ?” and some other French basics!


I really care about the second activity I have been started on, even if this was more difficult to lead. My precise demands suffer of my bad Turkish, and so it is hard to share what I exactly want. Anyway, inspired by a book of Vincent Pianina, I made them beginning a comic book centred on stains. The stain is multiplied and is used as a creative confine to produce a short story. It was a way to introduce them to stencil, which is an easy and cheap copy system. And here again, in spite of difficulties, helped by our Esperanto, we managed to move forward. And I think that, within a few weeks, we will get a great result! 









Comments