First steps




That’s it, my project seems now to start for real. Indeed, after a few days of acclimation, I have participated this weekend to my first workshop.

I have to admit that my non-Turkish skills are a kind of millstone for now, but it doesn’t prevent me to create first links with the youths. Mehmet, Buse, Esra and Aysegül, old regulars of the association, are very enthusiastic but unfortunately don’t speak English. So, after a few Turkish laborious questions, I thought I have to find a different way to interact with them. And artistic practice offers a wide range of solutions.

Discovering that Mehmet was a rap fan, we could “communicate” through music. I displayed him the most famous French rap artists (“Iam – L’École du Micro d’Argent” mainly). And he gave me on the other hand some Turkish stars names.

A drawing game (“cadavre-exquis”, a several hands exercise), let me to interact with the rest of the group. The result was not mad but the main goal was reached, we have created something together.
Hangers-on were more boring, full of arcane Turkish discusses, but this afternoon, thanks to these first shares, will stay for me as a positive moment.

Comments